Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010: Begin Again – Soul Train and Away We Go!


Soul Train

So how’s your spiritual journey going? Is that path well-groomed and frequently traveled? Or does it look a bit like a cluttered, weed infested inner-city lot surrounded by rumble and debris. I know, I know. Never discuss religion. But that’s OK. I’m not. I’m talking about spirituality not religion.

I think we’re all on a spiritual journey, whether we acknowledge it or not. My 2010: Begin Again commitment involves focusing on spirit as well as the physical aspect of life. The path I follow does not have to be the same as your path and vice versa. For me, it’s a very personal journey.

How we connect to Spirit, God, Universe, Source, Higher Self, Christ Consciousness, or whatever personal pronoun you prefer to use can vary according to individual belief and culture. I think if it elevates us to a better plateau, encourages acceptance and love of others and does no harm, it’s all good.

Don’t be afraid to explore. I’ve ventured down some interesting trails in the last 25 years. I’m happy with my current path, which is open and accepting of others. But like any good journey, this road still has plenty of room for new discoveries.

Heading into 2010, here’s a wonderful way to approach goals from a spiritual perspective: Letter to God.


And Away We Go!

Stuck to the exciting pre-colonoscopy diet today. It included a wonderful lunch and dinner featuring plain chicken broth, two pieces of melba toast and tea – no cream or sugar allowed. I choose to drink mine as ice tea – brewed and then chilled in the fridge.

Downed the first pico-salax at 6 p.m. Made the first dash to loo about an hour and a half later. And so it goes . . . literally. Tomorrow the exciting melba toast component is eliminated, but jello or light-coloured popsicles can be added. Woo hoo!

It's nice to have strong family support. As I drank my broth and munched my melba toast, Ryan sat in front of me and snarfed down a tasty looking piece of pumpkin pie with whipped cream and a triangle of a large Toblerone. Lynda returned home from a meeting and yelled out 'snacks' as she came through the door with a platter of mini-cupcakes and tarts. Family - ya gotta love 'em!

Photo:
Ready to enjoy chicken broth, tea and two slices of melba toast! Now them's good eats!

No comments: