Sunday, November 14, 2010

Reach out and touch someone

SEND A GREETING CARD FOR FREE!

If you are like me, and probably like many other people, too, you are paying close attention to how you spend your money these days. Sure, sure . . . we should do this all of the time, but recently there seems to be a stronger focus on the need.

When I saw an article from Investopedia entitled “6 Outrageously Overpriced Products” I had to check it out. I wanted to see where I may be wasting money and if there was an alternative.

There wasn’t anything too shocking or surprising. Movie theatre popcorn? Yeah, we all know that’s really where the money is in the movie biz! Ah, but that heavenly fragrance. How can I say no to the promises made by the scent of freshly popped corn? I can’t. So the theatre gets my money.

I have to agree with some of the other examples. Bottled water and designer labels are often way overpriced. But I definitely disagree with the second item on the list.

Greeting cards.

How do you put a price on what it means to someone to receive a card from a friend or family member? Sure there is the option to create homemade cards. Some folks do and they’re beautiful. You should see the creations my daughter makes for me. I love each of them. But what if there are more reasons for cards than you have time to create?

Ah, now I see where the over-priced thing comes into effect. I know all about that. Greeting cards from card shops do start to cost a pretty penny. It can make you hesitate. Add to that the fact that sometimes things creep up on you and anniversaries or birthdays explode onto the scene before you even get a chance to find a card, let alone mail it out.

Have you ever thought you should just send a card to someone as a quick thanks, or to recognize an accomplishment, or just to touch bases? Those are promptings. How often do you act on such promptings?

The solution came to me when I reconnected with an acquaintance of mine who introduced me to Send Out Cards. We often abbreviate that to SOC, and today it occurred to me that SOC could also stand for Save On Cards.

Imagine creating a personalized card, printed with your message on it, stuffed in an envelope for you, having the mailing address and your return address printed on the envelope, having someone else mail it for you with a real stamp on it, and having the recipient receive it . . . in about a week. And imagine if all of that could be done for $2.99 – including the postage!

What could that do for your promptings? How many people could you impact with a positive message?

Now here is the free offer.     
 
I want you to send a card to someone special in your life.

As soon as your read that last sentence, you thought of someone, didn’t you? That’s a prompting. That person needs to hear from you.

And I want you to send the card for free!

Yup, free. Gratis. On me. I want you to see how easy and how much fun it is to send a card for any occasion. Simply go to derekbly.com, click on 2 “Send a Free Card” and discover for yourself how easy it is to send an actual, high quality greeting card to someone special. There is a walk-through video to guide you through the process, but if you like the personal touch, let me know and I’ll be your guide.

So what are you waiting for? Someone out there wants to hear from your. And sending the card is free. Heck, you can even paste a photo inside the card if you want to really personalize it.

Try it now.

Then think what it could mean for your Christmas mailing list if you could create one card that shares your message and have it sent to everyone on that list with a few button clicks!

Go to derekbly.com and touch someone’s life with a card.

No comments: