Sunday, June 8, 2008

Walking in Lethbridge

One of my goals is to shed some weight and start to live a healthier lifestyle. I must admit I haven't actively pursued this goal, but I'm feeling motivated now to do so. Why? I don't know why. But it's a good thing.

A couple of weeks ago I picked up some good running shoes and a pedometer at my in-laws' shop in Calgary the Tech Shop at 2415 - 4th ST SW. If you're in the area and looking for quality gear, check it out. Say hello to my nephew, Nolan, if he's there. The shoes are good for my feet. Sorry, I'm not going to tell you the brand or model. Shoes are different for different people. What might be right for you may not be right for some. (Isn't that from a sit-com theme song?) Go see Nolan. He'll look at your feet, how you walk, your current shoes, check to see what you need them for, then set you up with some options to consider.

As for me, I'm finally starting to put them to use. To loose weight, I'm watching my diet and starting to walk more. I have a goal to use my pedometer to track the number of steps I take each day. My goal is 10,000. To a runner or serious walker, that may not sound like much, but if you're just starting out, it's a good goal. Right now I'm at 10,665 steps, thanks to two good walks with my dog, Max today.

I'm also going to be adding a clinically proven product to my regime. Double-blind trials conducted at the University of Connecticut show that when used following the same diet and exercise plan as control subject using a placebo, this product helped people lose up to 90% more fat. And that's really nice.

So I'll let you know how things develop.

Ciao for now.

No comments: